Monday 17 June 2013

Catch Up!

Hello! So, many apologies for our absence - Rosaline's been living the crazy life of a Bristol fresher (which you can read about here) and I've been living in the depths of hell that is A Levels. Lets just pretend I don't still have one tomorrow which I should really be revising for instead of blogging...
 Although I've been living in A Level induced misery for the past few months, I have managed to do quite a lot of baking as it turns out baking complicated and interesting things is excellent procrastination. I also made some form of brownie on an almost weekly basis to 'get me through my revision' which definitely improved my days at the library, although not necessarily my 'get fit for summer' plan...

So yes, here is a brief picture summary of the last 7 months in my kitchen:



This was for my Grandma's 70th birthday - it's this recipe doubled and was so delicious and  rich and chocolatey I can't begin to describe it. For the writing I piped melted white chocolate onto greaseproof paper, left it to set and carefully transferred it onto the top of the cake. (I'll be in trouble if I don't publicly thank Alfie for his contribution whilst I had to sit down because I thought I was dying... turns out I had indigestion)



I made this cake for my Grandpa's birthday, it's a basic chocolate sponge with chocolate buttercream filling and white chocolate icing on top dyed blue, which was so delicious and I wish I could remember where I got the recipe from! It's blue and white because that's the ITFC colours... obvs. 


These are, obviously, mini egg brownies that I made for our form easter party (which was a great occasion). They're made from this recipe slightly modified, as I added lots more chopped up eggs into the mixture and I doubled it. I slightly undercooked them on purpose and they were ridiculously fudgy and chocolatey and went down very well.


I made this for my little brothers birthday party. This is a basic chocolate sponge cake, with a buttercream I made using just butter and chocolate and doing lots of chilling and whipping which I won't post the recipe too as I  wouldn't recommend it. It was very buttery and I ended up adding a lot of icing sugar anyway so I felt I would have achieved the same result much more simply with a basic buttercream recipe. I then decorated it as shown with white malteasers and smarties and I got lots of thank you's from my brothers friends so I'm presuming it went down well. 


So, that's a very brief summary of my more exciting baking ventures over the past few months! As of tomorrow morning I'm free from A Levels so hopefully that means there will be more blogging occuring!

- Ellie x



No comments:

Post a Comment