Wednesday 11 July 2012

Look who's back.

Guess who's back-back-back, back again? Ros is back-back-back, tell your friends.
Yes gals and guys, I am BACK. Back from A levels (beyond horiffic, don't talk to me about it. Melt down in philosophy, still not entirely over it. Maybe getting there), back from post A levels recovery (I had a massage. Apparently, I was her most tense customer ever. That is a claim right there and just goes to show what A levels do to you. Yeah, take that Michael Gove), back from UCAS, accomadation choice and university stress and, more sadly, back from interrailing.
We started from Chiswick with our backpacks; Eurostar to Paris (quick crepe stop. I remebered what sugar was in Fench; proud, proud moment); overnight train from Paris to Barcelona; two nights in Barcelona; Montpellier, Marseille, Nice, then on to Italy; Genova (sang the song that the fat guy in The Princess Diaries sings the whole time we were there. Ya know the one. Ok, well I do.) and then 3 nights in Rome. Ohh it was perfect. You'll hear all about it. You'll also hear all about some of the AMAZE food we consumed. Italian pastries are as yummy as there pizza, pasta and ice cream (and based almost soley on cream or custard and we all know my love for dairy products) and I'm totes going to make some. Or try to at any rate.

So get ready for some serious baking because I have missed having a kitchen (hostels have a toaster. Sometimes a microwave. No tea) and am thus planning excessive amounts of cake making. Sadly, my sister is away and she is key to cake consumption (if you saw her though you would tell me I'm lieing. Swear to God I'm not, she just got all the great genes for a superhuman motabilism) so I'm not entirely sure what we'll do with it all but I'm sure we'll cope somehow. We normally do; one moment I think we'll never have room in our kitchen ever again for all the cupcakes on every surface and then SUDDENLY we have loads of room and I'm feeling strangely full. Still have not got to the bottom of the mystery as to how that happens. All very strange.

I've donned my apron already and Radio 4 is on and I can make tea and so I almost don't mind being home. Lesgo.

Hope you're as ready as I am!
Ros xx  

p.s so I sort of decided that because I want to tell the world about my travels because I'm basically not going to be home this summer (I'm going to New York on Saturday!!!!) I would make a blog about that too. Err take a look if you want. Like, only if you're interested. You totally don't have to. But it would make me happy. http://tomorrowfatewillgetonmybus.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment