Friday 1 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee Cake

Jubilee Week End is here!! Woo. We love the Queen; she’s everything that is great about Great Britain and she colour blocks like a pro.
So to celebrate her diamond jubilee we have gone all out. Like, seriously. We are in our sparkly diamond jubilee element. Why don’t they come around more often?!
Some people think we’re a bit weird. But there is nothing wrong with loving cake and the Queen, people. Nothing wrong at all.

So I’ll keep it short because, errm, I meant to be revising for my history A Level, but the Queens Diamond Jubilee only comes around once and when cake has got be baked CAKE HAS GOT TO BE BAKED and, well, you know, its important to get your priorities right.

So here are my two Union Jack Cakes and Royal Garden Party Cake

Royal Garden Party Cake

Union Jack Cake

Let Them Eat Cake! Oh no wrong Queen... But eat cake anyway

Diamond Jubilee Cake


Just cos we heart her. Look at her colour blocking fabulousness. And she's so cute! I want her as my grandma

Recipe to come I promiseeee but, like I say, I’m a busy girl with revision to do and – ok alright, I’m not fooling anyone: I’m off out to celebrate a long week end and I think that it being a Diamond Jubilee Long Week End warrants wearing as much diamonds/sparkles/glitter as possible.

Have fun, I’m crossing my fingers it doesn’t rain, stay sparkly and God save old Queenie!

Roz
-xx-

2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the Royal Garden Party Cake, and the one with blueberries etc on it looks lovely too - and so healthy with at least 2 of your 5 a day on it! Now we need something to make summer come back - get going girls.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're totes deff 100% practicising our Sun Dance. And if that doesn't work, it's just a fab excuse to buy a brilliant umbrella, or maybe a Captain Birdseye style yellow raincoat. There's something I rather like about the rebellious-ness of eating a Royal Garden Party Cake in the rain

    ReplyDelete